Monday, March 29, 2010

Signs He's Really Mr.Right

Dating: 101 Is he Mr.Right?
By Dating expert Lisa Steadman


I may come off cynical. But these types of articles always make me roll my eyes when they pop up. Usually cause it will be right next to an article about the latest politics or world news, and then its oh my god is he the one?!


Now I definitely do not claim to be a dating expert (Wonder if Lisa Steadman is married? Or how long she has been with her current partner, sorry but I feel that would have to be on her resume) I just laugh when I see these articles cause I'm like, well is he Mr. Right? I don't know maybe some tell tale signs are if he's beating you to a pulp? Does he scratch his balls on the couch with his PS3 more than he helps you out around the house? Think a big one here ladies is, does he say I love you, pretty sure if you're showing up at his door and he just so happens to "never be at home" thats he's not reciprocating and not going to be your H4L (Hubby for Life).


I also just feel that how many times do we have to be told that someone you're going to commit to for the rest of your days should be someone you can talk to, who listens, someone you share common interests in but are both independent enough to do your own things as well, and its not just about sex. I'm sorry but do you really keep reading these Cosmopolitans and other articles with a shocked look on your face when it says, if you're relationship revolves around sex, it's headed no where?


This article says obvious things like. "A relationship without trust is doomed from the start". No really? And no girls we're not talking about him telling you you don't look fat in those jeans. We're talking about girls worrying everytime the man leaves the house that he's out boning something hotter than you because of your insecurities. The men also shouldn't be worrying about these things either.


The thing about these type of articles is they're setting you up for a fantasy. Mr. Right does this, Mr. Right is perfect. Poor guys have a high bar to follow from these articles. The truth is no ones perfect. MR. or Mrs. Right is going to be the one that can put up with your crazy ass and still say I love you every day and still make you laugh and feel good.


Here's what I always say when I see these articles. If you're reading this article, he's not the one. Think about it, if you were happy and knew he was the one, you wouldn't need to read about it. You'd be in your great world, thinking about how amazing your partner is. You'd be too busy being that overly happy couple that makes us all want to puke.(Damn happily in love for life, bastards) When there's problems I feel people see these articles and start reading, trying to piece together the feelings and worries they're already having but trying to find some security in what these articles have to say. Reading through it you're thinking. Well he does do that...and he does do that. However there's a big but you're throwing in there somewhere probably. Am I right?


Here's the big scary thing. We all know when something feels right. This article, me, your friends, your parents can't convince you that he, she is the right one. You already know, but it's either your insecurities, or other fears that keep you from leaving and half the time we all settle.


However...if you must..Read this article. It gives 5 sure signs he's the one. (*rolls eyes*) oh and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment